- When it comes to optimizing your business website for local search, Google+ is truly a game-changer! Why? Unlike other social media websites such as Facebook or Twitter, Google+ stands in a league of its own by placing a strong emphasis on local search engine optimization (SEO). Google+ pages are indexed on the main area of the Google search engine results. This means that your clients can see your Google+ business page within the actual search results regardless of whether or not they have a Google+ page of their own. If your still on the fence about creating a business Google+ page, I highly encourage you to consider these 5 reasons to create one!
The Importance Of An NJ Small Biz Google+ Page | Page Rank
Google indexes Google+ pages virtually instantaneously, and it comes as no surprise! Google gives special treatment to pages created within their own service! Since Google Search indexes and gives page rank to Google+ pages just as it would any other content on the web, your Google+ page will quickly gain high page rank. Higher ranked pages give authority to sites that they link to, so putting your URL on your Google+ page will create a quality incoming link that causes Google Search to see your business website as more relevant. Keep in mind that 2 out of 3 web searches in the United States take place on Google, so being indexed in this way is necessary for great search engine optimization
The Importance Of A Small Biz Google+ Page | Building A Network
A Google+ page will facilitate building a network of clients and other businesses. A broader network equals higher page rank. Even if your clients aren’t Google+ users, if they have a Gmail or YouTube account, they will be able to 1+ your Google+ business page. The more +1’s your page gets, the faster its page rank will increase. Google+ will also give people the opportunity to review your business and which work wonders for page rank.
The Importance Of An NJ Small Biz Google+ Page | Local SEO
Recently, Google Local combined with Google + to become one entity. The local SEO aspect of Google+ is perfect for small businesses because it specifically focuses on their locations. Unlike Facebook business pages, Google+ pages are specifically geared to help small businesses reach out to clients on an informal social media platform. A Google+ business page will help your small business website by giving you:
- Greater visibility. This helps clients easily find a link to your website. This ensures that they are always a click of the mouse away from browsing your entire small website and seeing all that you have to offer.
- A comfortable social media platform for business/client interaction. You will be able to easily reach out to your customers to connect on a more personal level. You can also encourage them to review your business and +1 your page.
- Consistent fresh content. This includes reviews and comments that your clients post on your page. This alone will boost your page rank and visibility.
- Seamless integration with Google maps. This means that consumers will be able to view your business location and get directions without even clicking on your actual Google+ page.
The bottom line is this: If you aren’t taking advantage of all that Google+ has to offer, you are missing out big time! Local SEO is necessary for the success of your business, and creating a Google+ page is the most efficient way to get started! For more articles related to local SEO and small business web design, visit our site.